- The flag was first flown in 1901. Until this time, Australia used Britain’s flag.
- The Union Jack represents Australian membership of the British Commonwealth.
- Beneath the Union Jack is a large white star with seven points. They represent the six states and the territories. Originally this star had six points. The seventh point, is for the territories added in 1908.
- On the right hand side are the stars of the Southern Cross. The Southern Cross was chosen because it can always be seen in the Australian sky at night.
- The original 1901 design depicted the stars with a differing number of points to signify their brightness. It is the only flag to fly over an entire continent.
Australian Flag Puzzle
$25.00 – $35.00
It colours :
Blue – vigilance, truth and loyalty, perseverance & justice
White – peace and honesty
Red – hardiness, bravery, strength & valour
Puzzles are handmade to order and typically ship within 2 weeks.
A3 Tray, A4 Tray
12, 24, 48, 96